|Cover ©2015 Untreed Reads Publishing|
Cover design by Ginny Glass
Member and Untreed Reads editor-in-chief Jay Hartman called for unpublished mystery, suspense, or thriller stories containing either a "flash" or a "bang".
Limiting submissions to one flash (300–1,000 words) and one short (1,500–3,000 words) per member, Jay received more than 300.
His selection of 19 stories ranges from historical to contemporary, cozy to hardboiled, amateur and animal sleuth to police and private detective:
- "The Conflagration at the Nameless Cotton Gin" by Bobbi A. Chukran
- "The Perfect Crime" by Herschel Cozine
- "Don't Let the Cop into the House" by O'Neil De Noux
- "Fireworks" by P.A. De Voe
- "Rosie's Choice" by John M. Floyd
- "The Wrong Girl" by Barb Goffman
- "Murder on Elm Street" by Su Kopil
- "Silent Measures" by B.V. Lawson
- "Don't Be Cruel" by JoAnne Lucas
- "A Simple Job" by Andrew MacRae
- "Arthur" by Sandra Murphy
- "Thor's Breath" by Suzanne Berube Rorhus
- "Beautiful Killer" by Judy Penz Sheluk
- "A Day Like No Other" by Walter A.P. Soethoudt (translated by Willem Verhulst)
- "The Raymond Chandler Con" by Earl Staggs
- "The Bag Lady" by Laurie Stevens
- "Fractured Memories" by Julie Tollefson
- "The Fruit of Thy Loins" by Albert Tucher
- "Sierra Noir" by Tim Wohlforth
Individuals: If you purchase the paperback ($16.00) and ebook ($4.99) at the same time from the Untreed Reads Store, the ebook cost will be subtracted from your total.
Retailers and Libraries: All Untreed Reads print editions are available to be ordered through Ingram or printed through Espresso Book Machine. Ebook editions may be purchased at 200+ retailers and library distributors. If you are unable to obtain an ebook edition through your preferred retailer, please contact Jay Hartman (JHARTMAN at UNTREEDREADS dot COM).
To order directly from Untreed Reads:
- By purchase order: Complete the Winter 2015 catalog order form (Pages 49–51) and email to Jay Hartman or fax to (866) 946-5364. You will receive a complete quote before order is finalized.
- By credit card or PayPal: Email JHARTMAN at UNTREEDREADS dot COM or phone (510) 861-0663.
Reviewers: Email Jay Hartman for ebook review copies.
- Kevin R. Tipple's review on Kevin's Corner (September 28, 2015)
- Astilbe's review on Long and Short Reviews (December 11, 2015)
- Bill Crider's review on Mystery Scene Magazine's blog (as appeared in print issue No. 143, Winter 2016)
If you decide to review or carry copies of Flash and Bang at your bookstore or library, feel free to comment below. We're glad to steer readers your way.
Independent bookstores carrying copies:
- The Mysterious Bookshop, 58 Warren St., New York, NY 10007
- Mystery Loves Company, 202 S. Morris Street, Oxford, MD 21654
Also available through these resellers:
- Apple iBooks
- Barnes & Noble
- Baker and Taylor Blio
- Baker and Taylor 360
You can help promote Flash and Bang by putting an image of the book cover in the sidebar of your site. Copy and paste the following HMTL code:
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" class="tr-caption-container" style="float: left; text-align: center;"><tbody> <tr><td style="text-align: center;"><a title="How to Order" href="https://shortmystery.blogspot.com/2015/06/update-on-flash-and-bang-smfs-anthology.html" imageanchor="1" style="clear: right; margin-bottom: 1em; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;"><img border="0" src="https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-b2sXMg2yqMM/VgQw1RS0y6I/AAAAAAAAC7o/QuaOaNNPHNQ/s1600/FaB_FinalMedium-250x375.png" width="136" height="204" /></a></td></tr> <tr><td class="tr-caption" style="text-align: center;">1st SMFS-Member Anthology</td></tr> </tbody></table>
The image will link to this post, just like the image in the right sidebar of this blog.
I have been provided a copy for review purposes and am looking forward to the read.
Post a Comment