Saturday, September 26, 2015

Bouchercon 2015 in Raleigh: SMFS Meetup Lunch

The Bouchercon 2015 SMFS Meetup Lunch is planned for Friday, October 9, during the 11:00 A.M.–1:00 P.M. break between panels.

Those joining us from the Sheraton, aim to meet Judy Penz Sheluk in the Sheraton lobby at 11:15 A.M.

Those joining us from the Marriott, aim to meet Kathleen A. Ryan in the Marriott lobby at 11:15 A.M.

Both groups will combine with any other members at The Plaza Cafe (411 Fayetteville Street, Suite 109) by 11:30 A.M.

Group Reservation: 41 - Finalized September 25, 2015, Actual Headcount: 37

  • Meeting in the Sheraton lobby 11:15 A.M.: Judy Penz Sheluk, Paula Gail Benson plus 1 (Riley Miller), Catherine Dilts plus 1 (friend Patricia), John M. Floyd plus 1 (wife Carolyn), Barb Goffman, Josh Pachter, Travis Richardson plus 2 (wife and baby).

  • Meeting in the Marriott lobby 11:15 A.M.: Kathleen A. Ryan, Kait Carson, Ray Daniel, Susan Furlong, Debra H. Goldstein, Toni Goodyear, Deborah Lacy, Robert Mangeot, Edith Maxwell, Terrie Farley Moran, James O'Keefe, Gigi Pandian, Harriette Sackler, Karen E. Salyer, Mary Stojak, Rebecca Swope, Art Taylor, Mark Troy plus 1 (wife).

  • Meeting at the The Plaza Cafe 11:30 A.M.: Pam De Voe, Toni L.P. Kelner, Alan Orloff, KM Rockwood, B.K. Stevens plus 1 (husband).

18 comments:

Robert Lopresti said...

Wow! What a crowd> I'd love to get to shake some hands. Any thoughts about when?

Art Taylor said...

I'd love to meet up at some point! Seems like several folks are on panels at various times, and I know that at least a couple of mornings will be taken up with events for some as well (speed dating Thursday morning, and the Sisters in Crime Breakfast on Friday morning). A lunch get-together one day maybe? Just a suggestion. Looking forward to what others think!
Art

Gerald So said...

I can't attend B'con this year myself, but as Art said, given everyone's panels, I have been looking into lunch spots to suggest.

One is Crema, an ice cream parlor and coffee shop also serving Mexican food. Crema has two locations: the anecdotally more recommended 121 Fayetteville Street, Suite 110, and a City Plaza location, 421 Fayetteville Street, that reopened September 1 after renovation. Both are on the same block as the Marriott City Center and one block over from the Sheraton.

joshpac said...

I tried to respond to this from my phone, but it entered freakout mode and I had to switch to my laptop. I was not invited to participate in any of the B'con panels, so I'm going to be pretty generally available for a meet-up.

Gerald So said...

Rob Lopresti asked for thoughts on when the meetup could happen. There's a gap in the panel schedule Friday, October 9, 11:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. Within that gap is the Bouchercon General Members Meeting. Any SMFS members not attending that meeting could get together for lunch.

Ray Daniel said...

I could go. It would be fun!

Catherine Dilts said...

The Friday lunch meetup sounds like it could work. Crema sounds convenient.

Gerald So said...

Members Judy Penz Sheluk and John Floyd are also available Friday, 11 A.M.-1 P.M., so 11:30 A.M. could be a good meeting time. Since B'con attendees will be staying at several hotels, I recommend meeting at the restaurant of choice.

Any recommendations besides Crema?

Gerald So said...

Summarizing Shortmystery and offlist discussion:

Art Taylor, Ray Daniel, Judy Penz Sheluk, and John Floyd are deciding on the restaurant. The frontrunner is The Oxford Pub (319 Fayetteville Street, Suite 105).

Some members, including Kathy Ryan, will meet in the lobby of the Marriott City Center 11:15 A.M. Friday to walk to the restaurant. If others are coming to lunch from the Sheraton, they can meet in that lobby at the same time, and walk to the restaurant.

Any members who happen to miss meeting in the hotel lobbies can just go on to the restaurant themselves.

John Floyd said...

I'm planning on being at the Sheraton at 11:15, before the Friday lunch. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

John

Travis Richardson said...

I'll meet you guys at the Sheraton. My wife and our soon to be 5 month old baby will try to join as well. They may cancel depending on how she is.

Art Taylor said...

I heard from Gigi Pandian that she's joining—meeting us at Marriott.
Thanks, Gerald, for all you're doing to rally us here!
Art

Mark Troy said...

I'll meet you at the Marriott. My wife will be with me.

Robert Lopresti said...

My wife and I will be there. Meet you at the Sheraton.

Catherine Dilts said...

My friend Patricia and I will meet up with the group at the Sheraton.

Gerald So said...

Please note, as reflected in the post, the location of the meetup lunch has changed to The Plaza Cafe.

Edith Maxwell said...

Please add me into the Marriott group. My panel is at 1, so I'll have to get back for that. Thanks.

Deborah Lacy said...

This was so much fun. Thank you for arranging this!